So there hasn't been much going on here in 'lovely' South Lake Tahoe. I think we're moving into that ugly shoulder season where things are just wet and muddy. It started raining yesterday at about noon and kept it up all day today! So much for my streak of never working on a rainy day. I'm glad today was my day off though because it was pouring! The only bad thing about it was that I was stuck inside all day.
Last night when I went to bed I was a little stoked because I figured the rain would have slowed or stopped today and maybe I could wander around and take some rainy day photos. But when I got up this morning it was pretty obvious that wasn't going to be possible. It was raining way to hard and I was afraid I might ruin my gear (which would probably tick Emily right off as I would then have to shoot her wedding with a disposable camera! lol).
So today was a lazy sit around the house day. Pretty soon those days will be much quieter. My brazilian roommate is leaving on Friday! I hate to sound excited about that, but I will not mind seeing this one go. We get along ok, but I have never met anyone louder or more crude, which may come as a shock to my family who say the same about me! lol. So yeah, not to be rude but I am counting the hours until Friday and hope that the story doesn't change this time like it has half a dozen other times. I also managed to pick up two more brazilian roommates for a couple of days. They are only temporary as their lease ran out at the end of Feb and they leave on the 3rd of March and they just needed a place to crash. But they are actually sharing my room which is a switch after all this time of being by myself. You can imagine my surprise when I came home from work on Saturday and found the other two beds in my room made up!
So that's about it. Not a very exciting month. The ski school is still struggling with less people coming and the lack of snow. The weather is just not cooperating this year. Every other resort is getting snow, just not us! I really could be a jinx! I feel a little like Jonah, maybe if they threw me overboard the weather would clear up!
I am pretty much ready to go home. Sadly enough I have been counting the days for the last week. I really like it here, but I can't seem to establish connections like I have back home. Either I'm not trying or it's just not working for me. I dunno. But I miss my home! lol. So, 49 more days...
No comments:
Post a Comment