Sunday, December 28, 2008

So Christmas went surprisingly well for my first one away form home. Not that I didn't miss being home, but it ended up being really cool. I worked, figuring at least my mind wouldn't be on the fact that I was away from home on Christmas. It worked pretty well. I was able to treat it like any other Thursday. But while I was at work, one of my supervisors from the Gondola location invited me over for dinner. It ended up making my day! There were eight of us all together in their fifth wheel and we just hung out and ate and talked and watched snowboarding videos (we are in Tahoe after all!) So it turned out to be a really nice Christmas "family" dinner. So I guess being a grown up isn't all that bad. You just get used to doing things a little different. 

As a bonus last night after work, the same friend called and invited me to watch the UFC fights down at one of the casinos. He's an MMA fighter himself and knew I love boxing. So a few of us hung out and watched the fights, which are pretty cool, even though none of his fighters won!

So far, so good. And getting better!

No comments: