Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Day 2- Orientation

** As promised- the rest of the pics from my first day in Tahoe.







So after two unsuccessful attempts at telling people about the blog I should probably just walk away! But here goes nothing...

So orientation was today. Nothing exciting there- hour after hour watching video clips and listening to generic info. I still haven't been given a real clear job description, although the official title on my time card is Children's Center Attendant. I think it is more of a catch-all position that includes alot more than skiing instruction- which works for me cause the skiing scares me a little more all the time! So I have department training tomorrow and Thursday and will get all the details then.

It's still sunny and almost sixty degrees here, so barring a freak storm opening on Friday doesn't look promising. So what has me flipping a little now is that I may not get regular hours for a while yet. I can't be sure but I'm preparing myself to be without work for another two to four weeks! Yikes! So not only am I not able to use this time to learn to ski, I'm not sure I can really check things out for fear of running out of funds before I get a paycheck. Love these little snags! So hopefully for the next couple weeks I'll be exploring Tahoe on the cheap.

Pray for snow!! (Never thought I would be saying that!)


1 comment:

Sarah's Dad said...

Just sent the first comment and then I saw your next blog message. I hope this is working?!?:)(my first experience with a blog) Pics look good! Aren't they making snow? Is there a Home Depot in Tahoe?(that is a little funny)