Monday, November 17, 2008

Day One in Tahoe














So this is my first blogging attempt. I've officially been in Tahoe for 25 hours now and decided this would be the easiest way to keep everyone up to speed on what's going on with me.

I got in last night and got settled into my apartment. I am the first one there so I don't have to deal with any roommates yet. This of course is nice because I get first dibs on bed, closet space, etc, but it would have been nice to have someone to bounce my questions off of. Although I guess the point of something like this is to figure things out for yourself, so that's what I'm doing. So I usually just walk around and see what I see...

Today I walked about 11 miles according to my trusty map. I found myself in a Starbucks and actually having a drink, not once, but now for the second time. That should help stifle my internet habit since I have to one- walk about 3/4 of a mile to get here, and two- sit in a Starbucks! What the heck!

Anyway, I found the library and a few other necessary places on my way to the lake today, where I spent about 3 hours walking around and taking pictures. The pics at the front of this post are from my first day here. I took more and may post them later, but this gives you a taste of what I am looking at for the next five months. Oddly enough though there is no snow on the ground here. Today it was 60 degrees and gorgeous. I checked out bikes on craigslist and if I had found a good deal would have definitely bought one today. This place was made for it! That would make things just about perfect at this point. It would definitely shorten up these trips "to town".

So that's about it for my first day. Tomorrow I have orientation and will find out exactly where I will be working and what I will be doing.  So far, so good.

** I had a little trouble uploading all the pics from today, I will try to post more in the next day or so.


4 comments:

TJ said...

wow! I can't believe it is 60 degrees. Can we switch places? I really am a California Babe and the older I get the more it is obvious that I hate cold weather. It is 30 degrees with snow flurries here.
LOL. TJ

Sarah's Dad said...

Nice pics! Glad to hear all is going well so far. Am I surprised you're already thinking of buying a bike?....No. First measurable snow in Tioga County today!!

Anonymous said...

It looks gorgeous there! Stick to the master plan and if I know you, you will be an excellent skier in about two months. Have fun!

justin said...

ok thous are some awesome pictures